Each generation has its own unique qualities that set it apart from the others. What makes Generation X stand out these days? Stress! Gen Xers (those born 1965 to 1980) have a lot on their plates. Not only are they taking care of themselves as they navigate careers and household responsibilities, but many are raising children as well as caring for elderly parents.
It’s no wonder this age group is being labeled as the most stressed generation. Gen Xers are well equipped to handle it all. They’ve lived through tons of life-changing events, including the Challenger disaster, 9/11, the Great Recession and now a worldwide pandemic; but just because they’re resilient doesn’t mean they don’t need help finding ways to beat the stress and relax!
Having a strong support system, creating some much needed me-time and feeling more relaxed with Suntheanine can help Gen Xers rest and recharge.
Here are some stress-relieving tips to keep Gen Xers at the top of their game:
- Clear the mind. Being overly stressed and overwhelmed with responsibilities can make it hard to think clearly. This may cause people to make silly mistakes, forget things and find it difficult to calm down or fall asleep. Meditating or taking a walk can help stressed out Gen Xers clear their heads. When schedules are tight, taking Suntheanine is an easy way to get extra support as they navigate life’s challenges.
Suntheanine is scientifically shown to help individuals manage day-to-day stress by promoting an alert state of relaxation without drowsiness and improving the quality of sleep. Studies have also shown Suntheanine to have a positive effect on mental clarity and cognitive ability.
- Create better work/life balance. It is easy for people to bring all of their work-stress home, which can cause tension with family and friends, and make it difficult to get restful sleep. Finding ways to separate work life from home life can help people feel more balanced. Turning off email notifications, debriefing the workday with a coworker or picturing putting their work worries in a box can help people transition from work to home.
- Find time for hobbies. Engaging in activities that bring joy creates balance to a Gen Xer’s never-ending responsibilities. Hobbies don’t have to be extravagant and can be as simple as learning a new recipe, gardening, trying a new workout or watching a favorite TV show.
- Take breaks. Everyone needs time away from the chaos. Taking breaks helps people stay focused and motivated. A break might mean going on a vacation, stepping out of the office during lunch to take a walk or even taking a quick 10-minute break away from the desk to enjoy a cup of tea.
- Lean on friends and family. It’s not healthy for people to hold everything in and try to deal with life’s hardships on their own. Having a support system enables people to vent frustrations, get advice during difficult times and connect with loved ones. Finding some extra time to spend with friends and family can be a great way to let go of extra stress.
Suntheanine is a popular way to find stress relief, especially for those who struggle to fit self care into their daily routine. Gen X is filled with independent, resilient individuals who still need support when life gets overwhelming. Self care paired with scientifically backed Suntheanine will keep this generation at its best!